Friday, June 4, 2021

Lost In The Woods

 If you know me at all, you know that I always have something to say. But lately, I haven't had much to say. And it feels weird. 

My voice has been missing for quite awhile and I'm not sure what to do about it. I don't know if this piece is part of the solution, but I'm going to give it a try. I want to write something clever about finding my voice, but I don't have it in me. I'm tired. I'm lost in the woods searching desperately for that missing voice.



In quiet moments, I worry that I've lost my voice for good. It's terrifying. Ideas are elusive. This piece alone was a struggle to write. My friend Brian writes three pages every day. Maybe he knows where the words are. What's funny is that I've actually been writing a lot lately. 

What? That doesn't make sense, does it? How can I feel like I've lost my voice yet still be writing? I don't know. It's a paradox? 

I'm focusing on one project while peeking at another one that I've completely blown up. But something about it doesn't feel right. The writing is awkward and unwieldy. I can't get a good grip on it so it always feels like it's slipping away from me. 

Writing this felt good. I did some work. Got some thoughts on paper and on screen. For now, that's enough. 

No comments: