If you know me at all, you know I love me some social networks. I've decided between this sudden small flood of creativity and the start of school, I'm going to embargo my social networks. This is a huge deal for me. BUT, I'm not going to completely shut myself out. I'm coming up with a list of "rules" I'm going to follow.
THE RULES OF MY SOCIAL NETWORK EMBARGO: I, John Zeleznik, being of sound mind and body will not check, share, retweet or post on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram from 9/1/15-9/30/15 excepting the following:
- Football. I will tweet during football on Saturdays, Sundays and Monday nights, especially when the Cuse is playing! Sorry, I just can't quit you.
- Major news stories: I tend to stay away from politics on FB, so that will continue, but if some major news related thing happens, I reserve the right to tweet or post on Facebook.
- My book deal: If I get a book deal and I can talk about it, but I will post about this.
- Friends' book deals: Same as above.
- Blog posts: I will share my blog posts on all my social network.
- September 27: It's my mom's birthday. I will be posting something on Facebook that day.
- Anything happening where I teach, good or bad, but always in support.
So those are the rules I intend to follow. If you need me, email or text work.
Wish me luck.