Friday, June 14, 2013

Post WIP Hangover

On Tuesday I finished the first draft of my SEASONS OF DESTINY prequel novella and for some reason I'm "feeling" it the last two days. I'm just kind of in a daze and not really sure what to do next. It's the end of the school year, so that should be consuming me, but I've put in all my grades and I'm no quite ready to pack my room up (I'm moving rooms again next year), so I'm sitting at my desk with not much to do but let my mind dwell in the dark places again. I need to focus that energy into something, I'm just not sure what exactly.

I've got plenty to do, writing wise. I have a few short stories that I could probably take a second look at to submit to various places. I had the idea for another short story, set in the SOD universe as well, pop into my head yesterday. I've got a world primer/world guide that I want to write for my SISTERS rewrite not to mention a few short story ideas I have for that world. I've got an entire file of novel ideas that I could be working on, but I'm still in this hangover phase where I can't focus, can' settle down enough to work this out. I'm still kind of tired from the combination of the end of the school year and finishing the novella.

I feel this way whenever I finish a major project. I'm a marinater when it comes to rewrites too. I don't like jumping right back into a project until I've been away from it for a while, so rereading the novella won't work. I want a quick turnaround on this project, but not that quick. I want my betas to look at it, tell me what they think. Then I'll take a pass at it before sending it to my agent. In the mean time, I'm still looking for a project.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

No comments: