Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Comes Early To The Zeleznik Compound

I'm not going to beat around the bush...I have an agent! That's right, rub the eyes and check your glasses. I am now a fully represented author. So who is the lucky agent? First, we celebrate:




Okay, now that it's out of our system...my new agent is:

Bob Mecoy

To say I am giddy is an understatement. It's all very exciting.

Now, I won't bore you too much with the story. It's really quite simple. It was a Hail Mary pass. No, really. I had shelved Winter's Discord and was moving on from it, leaving it out where it was still out. I was perusing the internet and saw something about a new book coming out in January called Seven Princes that had similar concepts, themes, etc. as Winter. I researched the author, John R. Fultz and noticed that his agent was Bob. Poking around, I discovered that Bob was someone that I hadn't queried, so I shot him an email. That was late September. The next day Bob wanted to see my first three chapters. A few hours later, the whole book. After some back and forth with Bob, he offered to rep me yesterday!

Now starts the hard part: working towards publishing, getting my ducks in a row so Bob can get me a deal. It's daunting and exciting and I can't wait to begin! The next adventure begins. December is a good month.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It goes without saying that you're excited. Can't wait to pick up your work.

Nora said...

SO happy for you!!

Cursed Armada said...

Well done Sir! Very good news indeed!

Mike Winchell said...

Hells yeah! So psyched for you! Beer in hand, I assume?

vanyelmoon said...

Great news just in time for the holidays!

Chris Gerrib said...

Conga Rats!

Beth said...

Fellow client of Bob's here. Congratulations! :)

Paul Greci said...

Congrats, John!! :-)

Keisha Martin Romance Writer said...

John Congrats, and TYSM for following my blog and the nice chat on twitter in which you gave me some great advice on my path and also inside scoop of the biz lol.