Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Blog's Name

Seems that I'm getting some traffic...and that makes me happy! That being said, I'm realizing that my blog's title might be a little off-putting to those in the YA/MG world, so let me explain.

First off, I need to tell y'all a little about me. I am a big boy. Always have been. I've been six foot tall since 6th grade. I'm presently, as the joke goes, between 6 foot and 6 foot 2 depending on which convenience store I'm walking out of. I weigh well past the 300 mark and am built like an out of shape football player. Kind of like a John Goodman. I've reached the point where trying on pants makes me nervous. We're talking sweaty nervous. (This actually happened at my mother's house a few weeks back.) Anyway, I've reached the Constanza level where I really would rather just be able to walk around in sweatpants or athletic shorts all the time. But society says I can't because that isn't part of my school's dress code for classroom teachers. So I am forced to wear pants.

I told you that story to tell you this one: a few weeks back one of my favorite people I've met via Twitter, Myke Cole tweeted this:

"Science Fiction/Fantasy Writers of America Industry Reception tonight! My first as a pro. I will wear pants."

I responded accordingly;

" See my ultimate goal as a writer is to never have to wear pants again."

Seems Mr. Cole and I have a kinship in that and he said so later. Anyway, that conversation inspired my blog title, because really, all this writing is about one thing: me not having to wear pants ever again.

Off to sleep.

2 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

Makes sense, I agree it be nice not to ever have to wear such pants again. Blog hopped your way, just a tad slow..haha

Kristen Pelfrey said...

You rock on, mister. With or without your pants.